|SIKH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2009
September 18-19, 2009 | Asia Society & Museum
725 Park Avenue at 70th Street, New York, NY
|Building on the success of 2008 and taking it to a Higher Level in 2009: Presenting the Sikh International Film Festival - Powerful Documentaries, Compelling Stories, and "Chak-de-Phatte" Bhangra Beats!!!
TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW - http://www.sikharts.com/tickets.php
USE DISCOUNT CODE: IAC2009 FOR GREAT DISCOUNTS!!!
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2009
- Feature Session (7pm-9:30pm)
- After Party (9:30pm-1am) at Asia Society Garden Court
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2009
- Short Films Session (10:30am - 1pm)
- Documentary Session (1:30pm - 4:30pm)
- Heritage Gala After Party (11:30pm - 4am) at Leela Lounge
- My Mother India
- Flying Sikhs - A History of Sikh Fighter Pilots
- 1984 and the Via Dolorosa Project
- A Warrior's Religion
- Bhangra Generation
- Who Do You Think You Are - Meera Syal
* 7 Short Films
* Meet Filmmakers, Producers, Judges, Actors & Celebrities from across the Globe
* Distinguished Panel of Judges will decide Winners in Short & Documentary Genres. Judges include:
- Dr. Ngawang Choephel - Director of Tibet in Song, Ethnomusicologist, and Human Rights Activist
- Vicki Mabrey - Award Winning Correspondent for ABC News Nightline
- Dr. Balbinder Bhogal - Professor for Sikh Studies Chair at Hofstra University
- Aseem Chhabra - SAJA Board Member & Film Critic
AFTER PARTY at Asia Society's Garden Court
- Mingle with over 400 Festival Guests
- Dance to High Energy Bhangra & Punjabi Music by DJ KUCHA and DJ Munks!
- Special Performance by NYC Bhangra
GUEST OF HONOR - MIRA NAIR!!!