- 2005 Fulbright Grant
Wrote and created artwork while on a grant in India, in the discipline of Painting.
- 2003-2005 Rhode Island School Of Design, Providence, Ri
MFA Painting. Areas of Specialization: Oil, Gouache, Acrylic Painting; Digital Drawing, Text.
- Brown University, Sheridan Center For Teaching And Learning
Teaching Certificate I (emphasis on collegiate teaching).
- 1997-2001 Amherst College, Amherst, Ma
BA English and Fine Arts.
Group Exhibition Record (selection)
- 2009 Upcoming: Solo Show. Fermanagh, Ireland.
- 2008 Upcoming: Where You Live. Group show. Berlin, Germany
- 2007 Finite in/finite. Three-person exhibition, Amelie A. Wallace Gallery, SUNY Westbury.
- 2006 Agent Green of the Acacia Tortilis and Other Weapons. Solo exhibiton, Habitat Center. Delhi, India.
- 2006 Art Internationalism, sponsored by Hindustan Times and Elle (India). Delhi, India.
- 2006 Group Show, Indira Gandhi National Center for the Arts. New Delhi, India.
- 2005 Providence, Supreme Trading. Brooklyn, NY.
- 2005 MFA Exhibition, RISD Museum. Providence, RI.
- 2005 First Look, Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art. Peekskill, NY. Website: www.hvcca.com.
- 2004 Moving Mountains, Linc Real Art. San Francisco, CA.
- 2004 Under Construction, The Space at Alice. Providence, RI.
- 2004 Collaboration with Brown University poets. RISD Graduate Studies.
- 2004 Group exhibition of works on paper at the Sol Koffler Gallery. Providence, RI.
- 2003 Group painting exhibition at the Sol Koffler Gallery. Providence, RI.
- 2001 Solo exhibition at the Eli Marsh Gallery. Amherst, MA.
- 2001 Group exhibition at the Mead Art Museum. Amherst, MA.
Honors, Publications, Awards
- 2007 Sentences on Rationalism Formalism, Inre -. “Daily Constitutional,” Issue IV. Released at Scope Basel, June.
- 2006 Presented a lecture entitled “Human and Natural Technologies” in a panel discussion at the Habitat Center
(New Delhi), chaired by Dr. Alka Pande.
- 2006 Received partial scholarship to Camac, artist’s residency.
- 2005 Presented a lecture in conjunction with slides of my work at the International Seminar on the Conservation or Art
Objects, with Special Reference to their Authentication. Chennai Museum.
- 2005 Received affiliation with Sanskriti Kendra, Art Museum and Artist Residency in New Delhi.
- 2005 Publication: Georgette Gouveia. “First Look at Young Artists.” The Journal News, 19 March 2005.
- 2004 Collections: Gauthier Foundation for Emerging Artists, www.gauthiergallery.com
- 2003- 2005 Graduate Fellowship.
- 2002 Americorps Education Award.
- 2001 Athanasios Demetrios Skouras Award for outstanding B.A. thesis work in the Fine Arts.
- 2001 Graduated Summa Cum Laude, with high distinction on a studio thesis in Fine Arts.
- 2000-2001 Grant from the Dean of Faculty related to thesis work.
- 2008 Nonprofit Finance Fund, New York, Ny
Senior Strategy & Marketing Associate. Write communications materials and advocacy messages,
develop marketing strategies, and manage all design issues.
- 2007 Laplaca Cohen Advertising, New York, Ny
Copywriter/Proofreader. Wrote ads, branding/re-branding, and positioning documents for agency
specializing in marketing for cultural institutions. Performed research on museum trends and created
presentations. Clients included: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture
Garden, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Joyce Theater, and the New-York Historical Society.
Risd Writing Center
- Summer 2005 Instructor of Record/Writing Tutor.
Writing About Art. Summer Program in English Language. Designed/ taught a writing class, focused on
formal/conceptual analysis, for graduate level ESL students. Gave slide presentations, graded papers.
- 2003-2005 Graduate Coordinator/Writing Tutor.
Risd Painting Department
- Winter 2005 Instructor of Record.
Painting through Systems. Wintersession. Designed and taught an interdisciplinary class that analyzed, in theory
and practice, systemic art processes. Gave slide presentations, graded papers, and mediated critiques.
- 2003-2005 Teaching Assistant. Participated in class critiques, assisted instructor with administrative tasks.
Junior Painting. Fall 2004; Sophomore Painting. Spring 2004; Sophomore Drawing. Fall 2003.
- Fall 2002- 2003 Executive Media Corporation, New York, Ny
Staff Writer. Wrote and edited news/feature articles for a series of trade publications. Designed page
layout, performed interviews and investigative reporting.
- Fall 2001-2002 Massachusetts Housing And Shelter Alliance, Boston, Ma
Americorps Vista Volunteer. Coordinated events; designed all media materials, programs, brochures, and
invitations, and mailers; edited/researched grants, performed media research.